100% Organic Herbal Extra Virgin Sea Buckthorn Oil
This unique healing vegetable oil is made according to the latest vitamin-preserving technology of sea buckthorn berries gathered in the Carpathians.
Sea buckthorn oil has been known since ancient times and gained its fame due to its extraordinary healing properties. Unique properties of this oil are widely used in folk and in traditional medicine for treatment and prevention of a number of diseases.
Sea buckthorn oil has been successfully used in cooking. Pastries with the addition of sea buckthorn oil get nice golden colour and fine aroma. Added to salads, it gives a new unexpected taste and spicy flavor. Fish and meat seasoned with sea buckthorn oil has always been the favorite meal of Siberians, who were famous for their health and longevity.
This oil has a delicate taste and aroma. For prevention it is recommended to add it to salads in combination with any other vegetable oils. Also, the oil can be used for any type of food, giving it a unique taste and increasing its nutritional value.
Sea buckthorn oil composition and benefits
It is quite obvious that the beneficial properties of sea buckthorn oil directly depend on its composition. Let us discuss it in more detail.
- fat: OMEGA-3 (4-6%), OMEGA-6 (15-16%), OMEGA-9 (10-13%), unsaturated fatty acids: palmitoleic acid (23-31%), saturated fatty acids: palmitic acid (29-40%), stearic acid (1.5%), myristic acid (1.5%);
- amino acids: sea buckthorn oil comprises 18 amino acids, including valine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, threonine, phenylalanine;
- nonessential amino acids: alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, glycine, glutamic acid, proline, serine, tyrosine, carotenoids (1-6%), lycopene, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene, cryptoxanthin, quercetin;
- phytosterols: beta-sitosterol;
- flavonoids, including rutin, isorhamnetin, kaempferol;
- triterpenic acids: oleanic acid, ursolic acid and some other triterpenic acids;
- organic acids: tartaric acid, salicylic acid, oxalic acid, malic acid, succinic acid;
- tannins: phytoncids, serotonin, pectin, coumarin, alkaloids;
- vitamins: В1, В2, В3, В6, В9, С, Е, К, Р;
- micro- and macroelements: 27 minerals, including aluminum, boron, vanadium, iron, calcium, cobalt, silicon, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, sodium, nickel, sulfur, strontium, titanium, phosphorus and zinc.
It should be emphasized that bright orange colour of sea buckthorn oil is due to an extremely high content of carotenoids. Carotenoids are known as precursors of vitamin A, the role of which in the human body can be hardly overestimated. Sea buckthorn oil is the clear leader in the content of carotenoids of all currently known vegetable oils.
Also, this oil has high content of tocopherol (vitamin E). Sea buckthorn oil contains this strong antioxidant 2 times greater than the oil of wheat germ, although the content of tocopherol in wheat germ is sufficiently large.
Another feature of sea buckthorn oil is just a huge content of vitamin C; this oil contains no more oil than lemons and oranges. Besides, ascorbic acid of this oil is extremely stable in refining. Scientists explain this feature of sea buckthorn berries by the lack of ascorbino enzyme, which transforms ascorbic acid into an inactive form.
Sea-buckthorn oil is a product with a high content of carotenoids, vitamins E, F, A, K, D and biologically active substances. It is used as a source of beta-carotene.
Vitamin A. It occurs in two forms: ready-made vitamin A and vitamin precursor A (carotene). It is included in the photoreceptors in the retina of the eye, required to maintain the normal condition of the skin, mucous membranes of the lungs, intestines and urinary tract, promotes the growth and strengthening of bones, hair, teeth and gingivae. It increases resistance to infections of the respiratory system. It is needed to produce sperm cells and egg cells. It is an antioxidant and helps preventing cancer.
Vitamin E. Another name is tocopherol. It is a powerful natural antioxidant that protects the body from the effect of free radicals. It prevents oxidation of fatty acids, vitamin A and some hormones. It helps to protect the immune system against damage caused by the body aging, and stimulates development of lymphocytes. By virtue of this vitamin the body resists atherosclerosis, formation of blood clots and sclerotic plaques. It is responsible for reproductive potential. Vitamin E is required to maintain normal metabolism. The level of magnesium, being an essential mineral for the human body, is directly related to vitamin E. Lack of vitamin E primarily leads to reduced immunity.
Vitamin F. These are polyunsaturated essential fatty acids. It prevents accretion of cholesterol in the arteries, provides healthy skin and hair, and affects the activity of the endocrine glands. It helps unsaturated fat burning, which leads to weight loss.
Vitamin D. It facilitates processing of mineral constituents of nutrition and is indispensable for formation of the skeleton and maintaining the bone integrity. In humans, vitamin D regulates calcium and phosphorus metabolism, and makes bones and teeth stronger. It has immunomodulating and onco-protecting effect, reduces lead toxicity.
Vitamin K. It is required for normal blood clotting and muscle function.
The main purpose of sea buckthorn oil is to treat gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, gastritis and colitis. Moreover, this oil helps to reduce acidity in the stomach, and accelerates ulcer healing.
Sea buckthorn oil has been well proven in the treatment of:
- inflammation of the digestive tract mucous (it is used in the complex therapy of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer);
- gynecological diseases: cervical erosion, colpitis, vaginitis, endocervicitis;
- burns, radiation and ulcer skin injuries, bed sores, gastric ulcer, post-irradiation esophageal cancer;
- chronic diseases of the upper respiratory tract: pharyngitis, laryngitis, sinusitis;
- ulcer of the eye cornea, pathological processes of the rectum;
- inflammatory gum disease and paradontosis;
- psoriasis and chromophytosis and neurodermatitis;
- for fast healing of wounds, scratches and other skin injuries. In this case, the characteristic feature of sea buckthorn oil is high quality of the healing, i.e. lack of any scars on the damaged skin;
- to restore the skin after sun and radiation burns, accelerating formation of tissues;
- against wrinkles, freckles and pigmented spots, acne, dermatitis, and skin fissures;
- to improve vision;
- prevents formation of blood clots.